Oxytocin near Kansas City
Oxytocin is a nano Peptide Hormone that is secreted by the posterior pituitary.
Oxytocin produces a wide range of effects both peripherally and locally in the brain.
- It is released in large amounts in females during childbirth, nipple stimulation, and breastfeeding.
- Oxytocin is released by males and females during skin to skin contact, sexual arousal, and orgasm/ejaculation.
- Oxytocin also plays a role in bonding, desire, social recognition, and trust and is therefore known as the “cuddle” hormone.
Studies have also shown that oxytocin is associated with our ability to mediate emotional experiences in close relationships and maintain healthy psychological boundaries.
HOW DOES OXYTOCIN WORK AS A LIBIDO TREATMENT AND WHY SHOULD I TAKE IT?
OXYTOCIN INCREASES SEXUAL RECEPTIVENESS IN MEN AND WOMEN
- Oxytocin heightens that warm and fuzzy bonding feeling, increasing sexual receptiveness and intimacy. Oxytocin is considered to be the key lubricant in the machinery of sex, oxytocin also increases the desire to be touched further, reinforcing the cycle of sex hormone escalation.
- Oxytocin’s affect on the brain is greatly dependent on its interactions with sex hormones such as estrogen, progesterone, testosterone and corticosterone. However, its effectiveness as the ‘cuddle hormone’ requires the presence of estrogen. This fact may partially explain some of the behavioral differences between the sexes when it comes to intimacy, the desire for cuddling, and even touch’s role in the ability to achieve orgasm, since women’s bodies produce vastly more estrogen than the male body.
- However, at Regain Functional Medicine, Oxytocin is a great adjunctive medication for our patients once we have their hormone optimized!
OXYTOCIN IMPROVES ENJOYMENT
- Oxytocin provides something that is emotionally very positive and very healthy.
- For women who struggle with orgasms, oxytocin helps to achieve orgasm and some women who have struggled can have more than one orgasm!
- During arousal, levels rise causing a cascade of reactions within the body, including the release of endorphins and testosterone which eventually sensitizes the nerves in the erogenous zones until orgasm occurs.
- It is also a potent vasodilator that plays a role in delivering blood to the vagina and clitoris enhancing engorgement and sensation.
OTHER BENEFITS OF OXYTOCIN AND OXYTOCIN AS A LIBIDO TREATMENT
- Oxytocin causes feelings of intimacy and closeness.
- Oxytocin triggers increased orgasm intensity.
- Oxytocin shortens time to orgasm, easier to climax.
- Oxytocin increases production of vaginal secretions.
- Oxytocin helps with pleasurable sensations.
- Oxytocin aids feeling of well-being, warmth, trust and contentment.
- Oxytocin help in relaxation of blood vessels and decrease blood pressure.
- Oxytocin aids in social anxiety and sociability
- Oxytocin helps increase bonding, nurturing and trust
WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO TAKE OXYTOCIN
Oxytocin is destroyed in the gastrointestinal tract, so nasal sprays and subcutaneous injections are the best routes of administration.
HOW OFTEN CAN IT BE TAKEN?
Oxytocin can be taken, via nasal spray, an hour prior to intimacy, on an as-needed basis.