WHAT IS IT?
Zinc is an essential mineral, meaning that our bodies don’t produce and we must get zinc from outside sources like nutrition and supplementation
WHAT DOES IT DO/WHY DO WE WANT TO DO IT?
- Zinc is essential for cellular health, growth and division
- development and function of immune cells
- skin health and healing
- DNA synthesis
- protein production Synthesis
- Zinc in important for the sense of smell and taste
Although, a certain amount of zinc is required for proper daily physiologic function, zinc supplementation boosts the immune system especially in the aging demographic who are more susceptibility to infection and inflammatory diseases
WHAT CLINICAL BENEFIT DOES IT PROVIDE?
Zinc is required for these multiple different functions within the body
- Gene expression
- Enzymatic Reactions
- Immune Functions
- Protein Synthesis
- DNA Synthesis
- Wound Healing, as well as for
- Physical Growth and Development
Without an abundance of zinc within the body these physiologic dysfunctions occur, especially with age
- Alterations in the Expression of Genes
- Impairments in Antibody Responses to Intruding Antigens
- Increased Risk of Inflammatory Diseases
- Bacterial, viral, and Fungal Infections (namely Diarrhea and Pneumonia)
- Increases in Diarrheal and Respiratory Morbidity
HOW DO WE CLINICALLY ADMINISTER IT?
Our bodies do not produce Zinc; it must come from outside sources.
We provide Zinc for Intravenous Infusion or Intramuscular Injection as a superior way to saturate your body with this important mineral.