For many people with unwanted hair, hair removal can be an unpleasant daily chore. It can take time out of the day and can often lead to nicks, ingrown hairs, and razor burn. If you have unwanted hair and find regular hair removal to be inconvenient, you can consider permanent hair removal services at Regain Functional Medicine + Aesthetics.
At our office in Kansas City, KS, we offer laser hair removal with the MOTUS AY and AZ+ platforms to help our patients have smooth and beautiful skin. Through our tailored treatment plans, expert services, and detailed post-treatment care, we can help you to maximize the results of your laser hair removal treatments.
What Is Laser Hair Removal?
Laser hair removal is a cutting-edge treatment that uses highly concentrated light beams to eradicate unwanted hair. This treatment targets the melanin in hair follicles, heating them in order to damage them and inhibit future growth. This can result in permanent hair removal in the treatment area.
Unlike traditional methods, laser hair removal offers more precision, leaving the surrounding skin untouched while affecting only the targeted hair follicles. Using the MOTUS AY and AZ+ platforms, we can provide effective results with minimal discomfort and short downtime.
Some of the Benefits of Laser Hair Removal
Professional laser hair removal has many advantages that aren’t available with other methods of hair removal. The primary benefit is that it offers an end to the cycle of constant shaving or waxing, eliminating the associated costs, time, and discomfort.
Laser hair removal can deliver results in a relatively short time frame. Most clients notice significant hair reduction after just a few sessions depending on their hair type and the treatment area. The treatment is also virtually painless and significantly reduces the risk of ingrown hairs.
Laser Hair Removal Treatment Areas
- Face Laser Hair Removal: Whether it’s the upper lip, chin, or sideburns, we can help you achieve a flawless facial complexion with our precision laser hair removal.
- Bikini Laser Hair Removal: You will no longer have to worry about razor bumps and uncomfortable waxing; our bikini laser hair removal offers a smooth and worry-free solution for your sensitive areas.
- Underarm Laser Hair Removal: Tackle the constant need for underarm grooming with our laser hair removal treatment, ensuring your underarms remain smooth and hair-free.
- Leg Laser Hair Removal: Enjoy the freedom of smooth legs all year round without the hassle of constant shaving or painful waxing with our professional laser hair removal.
- Back Laser Hair Removal: No area is too large for our expert team; back laser hair removal ensures a smooth, hairless back, boosting your confidence in any attire.
- Chest Laser Hair Removal: Ideal for men desiring a clean, polished look, our chest laser hair removal effectively eliminates unwanted hair, creating a smooth and aesthetic appearance.
- Arm Laser Hair Removal: Achieve sleek, hair-free arms with our laser hair removal service, bringing an end to the cycles of shaving and waxing.
How to Maximize Your Laser Hair Removal Results
Step 1: Preparation
One of the most crucial stages to achieve optimum laser hair removal results starts even before the actual treatment. Preparation includes avoiding sun exposure and tanning beds for at least two weeks before the treatment. Shave the area to be treated a day or two before your session, allowing the laser to target the hair roots more effectively.
Step 2: Post-Treatment Care
After your laser hair removal service, you will want to avoid heat treatments, strenuous workouts, or anything that may cause excessive sweating for at least 24 hours post-treatment. Use a high-SPF sunscreen to protect the treated areas from sun exposure. Also, moisturize the treated area regularly to keep your skin hydrated and promote healing.
Step 3: Consistent Treatments
Remember that permanent hair removal is typically achieved over multiple sessions. Appointments are usually scheduled four to six weeks apart, and you may need six or more individual treatments to see your final results with occasional maintenance treatments as needed.
Avoid These 3 Mistakes for Optimum Laser Hair Removal Results
Mistake #1: Waxing Your Hair
While waxing may seem like an effective way to manage unwanted hair, it can actually counteract the effectiveness of laser hair removal. Remember, the laser targets the hair roots, and waxing pulls the hair out from the root, leaving nothing for the laser to target.
Mistake #2: Skipping Sessions
Coming to each laser hair removal service is important. This is because the treatment only targets hair that is in the active phase of growth. Coming to each appointment ensures that all of your follicles will be targeted eventually leading to significant hair reduction. Skipping a session could prolong the process.
Mistake #3: Not Following Post-Treatment Care Guidelines
After a laser hair removal treatment, there are specific guidelines you should follow for the best outcome. Failing to do so may reduce the effectiveness of the treatment. As professional laser hair removal providers, we want you to have as comfortable and smooth a recovery as possible with the best final results.
Gain Permanently Smooth Skin With Laser Hair Removal
In choosing laser hair removal, you are investing in smoother skin and the convenience of being able to skip the waxing and the shaving. At Regain Functional Medicine + Aesthetics, we want to make your laser hair removal treatment as comfortable as possible while helping you maximize your results. If you are interested in beginning the process, you can schedule a consultation in Kansas City, KS, by reaching out online or calling (913) 392-4147.